Brought to you by the people who occupy wall street. Why will YOU occupy?
OccupyWallSt.org Occupytogether.org somosel99por-ciento.tumblr.com wearethe99percentuk.tumblr.com westandwiththe99percent.tumblr.com
ATTENTION: Documentary filmmaker Bobbi Jo Hart is looking to connect with people who have submitted their stories to We Are the 99 Percent. She would like to bring your stories to life in a new feature documentary film. You can contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more and explore being interviewed on camera.
Photo with 83 notes
Working hard and Going without….
1. Husband works 2 jobs, I work 2 part time.
NO RAISE FOR 10 YEARS…
Our College education isnt being used at our jobs.
Kids barely get things they need …
2. Hadnt seen a Dentist in 10 years, Husband had teeth rotting out of his mouth causing infections… owe $4,000 for emergency room visit when his face was swollen like a softball because no regular doctor would see him without insurance or medical aide card. Cant afford Insurance, and
we make $64 too much a month to qualify for medical card.
So I got a job cleaning Dental Offices and finally a Dentist saw him.
3. Cant afford to pay for our 3 kids school lunches, applied for help but government doesnt take into consideration that my husband pays out for childsupport to his ex so my children cannot get reduced or free lunches… but his ex’s can because she is single.
we make $22 a month too much to qualify, so my kids have milk and apples or pretzels for lunch… School Lunches are 84$ a month
4. WHY WE CANT AFFORD ANYTHING…
ALMOST ALL OF OUR MONEY GOES TO KEEPING OUR HOME
We had our mortgage paid down to below market value so we had equity…
then Chase raised our payment over a few months..
due to THEM not escrowing properly
House payment went from 900 a month, to 1,019 to 1,345 to 1,545 to 1,700!
GEE wonder how we got behind on payments.. we were told to stay behind to qualify for modification… that the mod would be done in 3 months…took 3 years to do modification.. CHASE kept losing paperwork… When modification went thru… CHASE waited sooo long to finalize the modification. We are now underwater and owed before the modification 110,000 on our home.
now we owe 140,000??? in fees, back payments and to “restart the loan”
House is now worth about 89,000
5. Few weeks ago Had shut off notice for water and gas, called utility they said to apply for assistance. We applied again made too much to qualify but not enough to pay on our own.. Assistance Rep told us ….she said if we quit one of the jobs or got divorced we can get food stamps and energy assistance…
!!!! this is not how we want to make it work.. I dont want to teach my children to give up and take rations like slaves!!!!!!!
THIS IS INSANE!
My Children dont understand.. they say.. Mommy and Daddy work all the time and we get good grades? My 8 year old keeps asking…Why don’t Mommy and Daddy eat dinner too?
I answer… Because Wall Street and CBOE need new porsches every year… I wonder do they come in Blood Red… because its all Blood Money!
We are the 99%